All staff, members, partners, users and visitors of Primrose Hill Community Project
To ensure all staff are aware and have a full understanding of the policy and procedure regarding safeguarding and its overarching nature within the organisation.
Primrose Hill Community Project continuously strives to ensure that everyone who works at, or attends the centre, is treated with respect and dignity. Every person will be given fair and equal treatment and opportunity regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexuality, cultural and religious background, or disability.
Safeguarding underpins the nature of our whole organisation and, as such, the Safeguarding Statement (below) is included on all Policies & Procedures and is emphasised in our day to day operations and company ethos.
Primrose Hill Community Project is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and their families. In accordance with Birmingham Safeguarding Children’s Board, this entails protecting children from harm, improving their health and development opportunities, promoting a safe and effective care environment and giving them the best opportunities to fulfil their potential.
- All staff will implement our effective safeguarding children policy and procedure
- All staff will have a written copy of any policies and procedures which are required, for example, to safeguard children or promote equality of opportunities
- All staff will be given copies of these polices and procedures as part of their induction with a full explanation
- All policies and procedures will be accessible to all parents
- We will notify any child protection agencies previously identified by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, of allegations of abuse
- We will inform Ofsted, without delay, of any allegations of serious harm or abuse by any person living, working, or looking after children at the Centre (whether that allegation relates to harm or abuse committed at the Centre or elsewhere) or any other abuse which is alleged to have taken place on the premises, and of the action taken in respect of these allegations
- Concerns will be kept confidential at all times
- We will ensure that all members of staff understand the procedures to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff
- We will ensure that there will be a designated practitioner who will take lead responsibility for safeguarding children within the Centre, attend a child protection training course, and liaise with local statutory children’s services and agencies as appropriate Early Support & Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- We will use Early Support and The Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
We will ensure all staff, partners and Centre users receive the relevant information when required or on request
We will ensure that all complaints are dealt with in a timely, efficient and professional manner
PREMISES & SECURITY
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the premises, both indoors and outdoors, are safe and secure
OUTINGS & RISK ASSESSMENTS
We will take necessary steps to keep all children safe whilst on outings
EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We will implement an effective procedure to ensure equality of opportunities and for supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities
We have regards to the SEN Code of Practice
We will implement an effective procedure with regards to administering medicines. The policy will include affective management systems to support individual children with medical needs
ILLNESSES & INJURIES
Procedures are in place regarding incidences of illness or injury to any staff, partners and Centre users.
We will notify Ofsted and local child protection agencies of any serious accident or injury to, or serious illness of, or the death of, any child whilst in our care, and act on any advice given
FOOD & DRINK
Children’s meals, snacks and drinks will be healthy, balanced and nutritious and practitioners who are responsible for preparation and handling of food will be competent to do so
We will ensure that children are in a smoke-free environment
We will implement an effective behaviour management procedure which is adhered to by all members of staff and will focus on developing children cooperation. We will implement a costumer code of conduct for all Centre Users